The State imposed a lock down with a view to flattening the Covid-19 curve and ostensibly allow medical services to prepare for a peak in September 2020.
Some cynics could not but reflect that the lockdown was a godsend to the ANC struggling to cope with a failing economy brought on by rampant corruption and political patronage
As we enter stage 4 of the lockdown and hopefully the eventual phasing out of all the restrictions we need to face the reality that the world will never be the same and that we will have to adapt to the new norm whatever that may be.
As we speak we need to face at least the following realities
Business as we know it and the way we do business will change for ever. Many business are gearing up for business rescue which will have the effect of isolating themselves from their creditors and if sufficient business adopt this path it will amount to nothing more than a zero sum game.
Once work places reopen the way we work will change in that we will need to
- Understand how to deal with delinquent businesses.
- Adopt new workplace procedures and policies
- Adapt to cater for staff who will work from home.
- Right size and repurpose business to operate in a very changed environment.
As Attorneys we are very conscious that going forward we will also resize and repurpose to meet with our client’s needs.
McLarens is committed to assisting clients navigating this difficult time and as such as we have are able to offer immediate assistance at completive rates with
- Up to date workplace policies and procedures dealing specifically with Covid-19
- Work from home employment contract amendments
- Business to business issues
- Now that the master will reopen assistance with wills trusts and deceased estates
As always we are committed to our clients. If you have a problem, please pick up the phone it may be solvable in five minutes and if not we will do our best to find a way to accommodate you.
If you are obligated to us, please talk to us, we value our relationship and would like to continue to serve your needs