• An Application for the substitution of an existing maintenance order is made at the Maintenance Court. A “Form B” in terms of the Maintenance Regulations.
  • The Applicant must state the reason or cause that she relies on for requesting the substitution.
  • Full details of the Applicant’s assets, income and monthly expenditure in respect of herself and the children will have to be provided.
  • An investigation is launched, followed by a formal enquiry.
  • The parties involved will be subpoenaed to appear in Court where evidence will be presented under oath.
  • The Magistrate will then consider the evidence presented to him/her  and may make an order substituting the existing maintenance order.

Posted in: Family Law