Ian McLaren (of the McLaren Clan) was educated at St Johns College, Houghton and graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand in March 1984 with the degrees BA LLB.
Following graduation Ian was articled to Michael Crighton of A Livingston & Co, a distinguished legal firm that represented some of the parties at the now famous treason trials.
- Educated St Johns College, Houghton.
- BA LLB University of the Witwatersrand 1984.
- Admitted as Attorney in February 1986
- Founded McLaren’s Attorneys in September 1986.
- Granted Right of Appearance High Court, October 1996.
- Commercial Law, Employment Law, Family Law, Pension and Provident Funds, Wills, Trusts, Deceased Estates, Information Technology, Litigation(Commercial, Family, Employment).
- Law Society of South Africa Information Technology Committee.
- Board of Educators Verney College.
- Board of Educators Cooper College
- Trustee Verney College Educational Trust
- Transvaal Provincial colours for Practical Shooting.
- Third degree Black Belt JKS Karate
- Lectured for Continuing Legal Education on Information Technology issues.
- Amateur Photographer and off-road Motorcyclist/Racer